- Cognitive behavioral (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused
A style in which elements of different psychological theories and techniques are used, tailored to the particular needs of the client. Within this framework, Dr. Becker integrates empirically validated interventions and is not bound by the conventions of one particular school of thought.
Focuses on insight about past experiences that leads to a new understanding about one’s identity. Dr. Becker helps her clients heal unresolved issues and dysfunctional relationships.
Cognitive behavioral (CBT)
Highlights new ways of thinking to change maladaptive emotions and behaviors. Dr. Becker helps clients understand the connections between what they think, what they tell themselves and the feelings and behaviors that result.
Emphasizes attachment and emotional connection to help people accept, express, regulate, make sense of and transform emotion. Inner-strength and emotional attachment with others is a primary protection against hopelessness.
Dr. Becker is formally trained in the following:
- Low Self-esteem
- Depression and Anxiety
- Stress Management and Mindfulness Skills
- Eating disorders, addictions and recovery
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Family and relationships challenges
- Adjustment and Transitions
- Parenting Support
- New Mother Support and Post-Partum Depression
- Separation and Divorce
- Blended Family and Step Parenting Support
- Loss and Grief
- Sleep and Insomnia
- PTSD and Trauma
- School and learning difficulties
- Autism Spectrum Disorders